Architects: Geoff Mitchell at Clagues,
and Kent Design Studio
John Hebel, Project Manager
Deborah Hebel, Planning & Interior Design
Purchased at auction in 2015.
The building had been empty since 2008. It was formerly a boys school since 1875 and prior to that, a Methodist Chapel built in 1839.
Notes from the school board stated:
December 2 1875 “A committee of the board Comprising Colonel Horsley, G Furley-Drury Esq., Mr Harris with Mr Hall the surveyor and J F Lancaster visited the school and adjoining chapel with a view to converting it into a boys school pending the sanction of the department”.
The conversion of this 19-century grade 11 listed hall saw it completely stripped back to a shell.
Installation of a ground source heat pump to heat the home and refurbishment and extension to provide a 4 reception room, 5 bedroom home.